Friday 24 April 2015

Puppy Love Blanket

A while back, my best friend V asked me to make her a blanket for her dog Kira.  Many, many, many Moons ago, when I first started making blankets, my second big blanket I made as a gift was the blues and greens one for V.



 Kira is getting on a bit and feels the cold and V keeps having to fight her for her blanket!  So she asked if I would make one just for Kira and it's such a lovely idea that I think other people may one something similar...
I couldn't settle on one idea though-I kept flitting back and forth with it and it took ages to get it clear.  I wanted to include quite a few elements-using diagonal squares to make the 'K' initial in the centre; having heart squares (I ended up using a few that I'd made for the Christmas Fayre and improvising a square around them); designing a bone motif and a tree motif and using DebiY's brilliant 'squircle' square to suggest a ball theme.  I used mainly earthy/autumnal tones with a bit of blue/green squares and pinky shades thrown in as well.  and I ended up making it quite a bit bigger than I'd initially planned but I figure V and Kira can snuggle up underneath it together...
Posted it off today-very excited to see what she thinks!






It measures over 41" square....

4 comments:

  1. Cute and colorful blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, love the color combinations. Are the arm rests of the sofa crocheted? Just out blog walking, too cold to be outside walking, so thought I'd go in search of more bloggers who knit and or crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blogwalking as well! So nice to meet a fellow crocheter x
      I crocheted armrest covers for my sofas (to cover where the naughty cats had been scratching), think they need new ones now though, these ones are gtting tatty!

      Delete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!