Thursday 16 April 2015

Full of Love Blanket

I really enjoy working at Greggs.  There are some people that I don't gel with as well as others but overall, most of the staff there are really hardworking, friendly, kind and welcoming.  It's a very busy shop, no time to stand around and it's a surprisingly stimulating environment!  I never expected that Greggs would be a challenge but it is and every day is different.  Hard work is noticed and appreciated and there's a strong sense of team spirit.
A couple of weeks ago, I was working a Saturday and I found myself getting frustrated with one of the women who works there-she was just irritating me so much and I kept having to hold my tongue and shake it off because I knew I was being oversensitive.  Well, towards the end of the day, she got a phonecall from her husband-turned out her daughter had been in labour all day and the call was to tell her that she had been rushed to theatre with the baby.  K came off the phone, put her hands over her face and just sobbed.  And I ran over and wrapped her up in a hug.
Thankfully, the mum and baby are both fine-she had a little boy so to celebrate the new Grandson, I decided (of course) to make a baby blanket for her.  Even though I didn't let it show, I still feel really bad about thinking so ill of her-I'm so relieved that it all turned out well and it certainly was a lesson in compassion for me.
(We get on really well now)

So I turned to my 'Four Hearts' design and did a bit of tweaking.  It measures approx 31" square, made with Patons Smoothie yarn and K is delighted with it.





I'm currently making another in white as a donation piece, will tell all when it's finished.  I have 5 blankets that I'm working on!

3 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous blanket. I can see it will have many uses as the baby grows. It will even be a comfy playmat a bit later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the new grandma - I'm glad to hear that her daughter and grandson are fine. You are very kind to crochet a blanket for the baby - it looks very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is lovely:) that's so kind of you for making a gift for your friend, we always keep on learning life lessons.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!