Thursday 9 April 2015

Ocean Waves Blanket



A very long absence!  Happy New Year and hope you have had a lovely Easter season as well-Myf and I have been enjoying the sunshine.  I have been working for Greggs which I absolutely love although it hasn't left much crochet time but recently I've managed to finish up a couple so I thought I  better catch up with this blog!

I started this blanket so long ago.  I was so enthustiastic initially with its pretty ripples but I got more and more frustrated with it-I was only doing two rows per shade and didn't have much plan towards the colour order so as it got bigger it looked less and less how I wanted :-(



It's beautiful but I just couldn't get past my frustration!  I couldn't start adding wider rows so it got left to the side for months while I tried to figure out a plan.

My gorgeous sister and my darling nieces came up for a New Year visit and I was chatting to her about my dilemma.  I  eventually decided to finish it off, perhaps for SIBOL, and start myself another one with more planning and wider strips.

I was about halfway done when we had a visit from a friend with her little daughter-she commented that she was cold so I wrapped her up in the blanket. She immediately loved it so much, stroking the colours (she's only four) so I decided that I would finish it up for her as a gift.  I finally finished it about a month later and put a very simple border around it before we took it over.  Little lady loves it a great deal and as it''s huge, she should be snuggling up in it for many years to come.  Don't worry SIBOL, I plan on making another water themed ripple for you soon!



8 comments:

  1. Love the blanket and the colors.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it will survive many years of child love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful blanket - I love the way you did the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling, I was very pleased when it was done! xx

      Delete
  4. Good to see you back blogging and crocheting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She absolutely adores it and won't even share it with me! lol! She also loves to play "seaside" with it, taking her dollies "swimming" on it. Thank you so much again it's gorgeous. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!