Wednesday 22 January 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful

Wednesdays morning seems to have become my 'Myf makes me tea' morning! :-D  I start work at 10am on Wednesday so we're up at 6am so I can jump in the shower and when I come down, there's a lovely cuppa waiting for me.  And yes, I know I have used this as a reason to be cheerful last week but I'll keep using it as it makes me smile-isn't that the point?

My friend J called me yesterday morning wanting me to come meet her in town-she'd had some great news and a stroke of luck and she took me out for breakfast.  We spent a few hours together, went up to Aldi's and I stocked up the cupboards.  Little things, like knowing there's plenty of food for the week and being able to spend some time with a friend rather than just talking on the phone, really help to lift my mood.

The two baby blankets I made recently  have sparked a couple of ideas that I'm looking forward to trying out-any pointers for setting up an ebay/etsy shop to sell little blankets and other cute things?

Myf has been playing with the lovely stash of wool I received last week-I'm strongly leaning towards making a ripple blanket in the style of the amazing Attic24.  I have no idea how much wool I would need but I love the thought of having the colours flow into each other plus it would be a new method for me to try :-)

Yet more squares waiting to be photographed and spoken about-reaching halfway is like running downhill!  The number of squares left to make is dwindling quickly now and soon I'll be running around the living room, laying all the squares out, changing them around and putting them together.

Last, but not least, another very cute photo of my girl ;-)


What are your reasons to be cheerful today?

4 comments:

  1. Lovely reasons to be cheerful :-) Can't wait to hear what you decide to make from your new yarn stash, I'm sure it'll be fabulous!

    Happy to chat on the phone about Etsy shops if you like... I'm about most evenings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working for the next few days and am pretty wiped by the time I get home but how about the weekend?
      (I'm looking forward to working with this gorgeous yarn-just have a few projects to finish up first ;-P)

      Delete
  2. Adorable picture of your daughter and the furbaby.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling, I think she's prery cute too :-) The furbaby is our kitten Rascal (we have a 7 year old female cat Artemis how isn't a fan of being picked up) who loves his snuggles!

      Delete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!