Thursday 21 February 2013

Sweet Myf

So in my last post, I showed you the lovely 'Sweet Dreams' blanket Myf and I worked on for our sweetshop friend.  I mentioned that Myf really wanted a little one too so I set her up with my camera and she took a load of photos of the squares she liked before I started putting them together.








She also sat for an hour making a long list of the squares on paper so that there was an extra record for me.  The top photo are the squares Myf wanted as the 'background' squares.

She spends half the holidays with her father-last week was half term and she was with me until the Wednesday afternoon.  I had a few of the squares done but none of the sweets but once Myf was away, I spent most of my time crazily crocheting-it was originally going to be a little lap blanket, 25 squares but we thought it would be nice to have it a bit bigger...

From Wednesday until she got back on Sunday, I worked like a demon!  I added about 38 squares (it's  a little shorter than I would use for an adult single blanket, 9 by 7) with a border.  Myf was due home at 4.15pm- I finished the border, wove in the loose ends, ran upstairs to put it on her bed, sat back down and she knocked on the door!  I have never crocheted so fast on the border-my hands were shaking so hard for about an hour afterwards.  I was praying to the Goddess over and over that I could finish it in time- talk about a close race!

There is a very special square in this blanket.  See if you can spot why!


Look closely at the orange round.  See how it's a little uneven?  This is Myf's FIRST try at double crochet-and her very first bit of a granny square!
Isn't it fab?!

I have a couple of other squares that I was really pleased with the results on-


The bottom one is a candy necklace-you can see the original one from the 'Sweet Dreams' blanket in the 6th photo down.  For Myf's I really tried to fill it with 'sweets' and I think it looks great, despite the THREE hours it took to make!


Myf's face when she saw it on her bed!  She ran downstairs with it, wrapped herself up in it and danced around the living room :-)
Finally got her to sit down so I could snap a photo-


She loves it!

Here it is on her bed where I imagine it'll stay for quite some time...


4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful blanket Liz - really impressed with your crochet marathon, must have been such a wonderful present for Myf to come home to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was really delighted with it :-) It's so cold at the moment I've been piling the blankets on the beds so it was time to make another one! Will need to make myself a second one soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! She must be thrilled to bits with it, it looks great on her bed.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gillian! She has it on the bed at night and comes down with it in the morning as well-I think she'd take it to school as well if she could! x

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!