Monday 15 June 2015

3rd Blanket down!

I've finished another one!

This one is 40 squares (toddler size) and I tried a few different things with the border.  First, after the standard granny round to tie it all in, I tried out a 'crossed double crochet stitch' that I've read about but never tried.  So simple!  You do a normal double crochet stitch (I use american terms) and then do one in the stitch behind it so it crosses over.  It's quite a subtle effect but I think in strong colours, it would really stand out.  I finished off with a spike stitch variant for the last round-I think it looks quite lovely!  It adds quite a bit to the dimensions as well-this blanket measures 34" by 52".






A friend of Bonnie's also donated these two lovely blankets for Cwtch of Comfort


This one is narrow but long, I think it'll be a good size for a premature baby.



This is a fabulous size!  I love the design.

Thank you Ruth, they are very much appreciated xxx

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely blankets Liz.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blankets,I love the cross stitch border. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!