Wednesday 20 May 2015

More squares from Claire!

Claire has been a fantastic support for this project and has made a blanket, lots of squares, and as well as coming to the crochet alongs, she has been sharing the cause through Facebook and to friends.  She popped by on Sunday with another lovely pile of squares-






There are 17 of them!  Even Artemis looks impressed...

We are planning ANOTHER crochet along next week-there are 10 days left to get squares done so please pick up your hooks or needles and help out!

Would you like to get involved? 

Here's what it's all about-

'Cwtch of Comfort' requests blankets to donate towards bereavement boxes for the '2Wish Upon A Star' charity that supports families suffering the loss of a child.  I have been inspired by the amazing SIBOL project to ask people to send me squares as many find the thought of making a whole blanket a tad overwhelming!  So with your help, I'm hoping to have a whole big pile of squares to work with by the end of this month.  Could you help?

Here's what I need you to do:

Make a square!
It can be either knitted or crocheted
It must be approx 6" (knitted can be a little bit smaller)
Pale pastel gender neutral colours or White only please
Acrylic yarn

Email me at amberspider@googlemail.com and I'll send you my address :-)

The deadline for squares is the end of May 2015-I'd really like to have lots and lots of squares to put together and any help would be so appreciated.  Even a share on your blog would be a massive help!

Thank you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!