Now, be warned, I'm EXTREMELY excited about this. I started making the pentagons on New Years Eve
I wanted a chunkier feel than the ones I previously made and as I don't have stockpiles of chunky yarn, I had two strands of DK yarn on the hook. It's fun working with two balls at once ;-)
After those were made, I started thinking about lining for the bag. Now I'll just stop here and explain that I've never tried to make a lining before. I cut up an old dark blue pillowcase and spent a while stitching it-I had to unpick it a few times until I was happy with it (I don't have a sewing machine so this involved quite a few pricked fingers). Then I stitched it onto one of the pentagon pieces.
I forgot to turn it right side out first so I had to unpick it and start over :-(
But eventually, I got it the right way round, stitched onto the main pieces and then I crocheted the main pieces together.
Then came the strap. I may have slightly overdone the length but it hangs quite well and I wanted to be able to have it across my shoulder satchel style so it stays secure.
The last thing it needed was a zip (another first for me) so I popped into town quickly to pick one up
I do want to add buttons to one side for decoration but I need some more white ones for what I have in mind...but until then, it's finished! I'm ridiculously proud of this bag-I've not tried anything at this level and while the stitching is messy, I'm delighted with it and can't wait to show it off!