Monday 11 May 2015

More squares to show you!

Good morning!

I received TWO lovely parcels of squares over the weekend that are helping this wonderful project, both from very kind ladies of the SIBOL group.

The first is from another Liz :-D  This lovely lady has made two beautiful square motifs that are perfect for one of the blankets I have in mind






Thank you very much Liz!

The second was sent by Jayne-there is a wonderful selection of squares here, all of them will be very useful for the blankets :-D





Thank you so much Jayne!

We are having another crochet along in Pontypridd-wish us luck!  Hope to have lots of people coming :-)


Here's what it's all about-

'Cwtch of Comfort' requests blankets to donate towards bereavement boxes for the '2Wish Upon A Star' charity that supports families suffering the loss of a child.  I have been inspired by the amazing SIBOL project to ask people to send me squares as many find the thought of making a whole blanket a tad overwhelming!  So with your help, I'm hoping to have a whole big pile of squares to work with by the end of this month.  Could you help?

Here's what I need you to do:

Make a square!
It can be either knitted or crocheted
It must be approx 6" (knitted can be a little bit smaller)
Pale pastel gender neutral colours or White only please
Acrylic yarn

Email me at amberspider@googlemail.com and I'll send you my address :-)

The deadline for squares is the end of May 2015-I'd really like to have lots and lots of squares to put together and any help would be so appreciated.  Even a share on your blog would be a massive help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!