Monday 3 December 2012

Tudor Hat

One of the Yule gifts I'm making for Myf this year is a Tudor-style hat.  When I was working on the pile of hats, Myf asked if I could make her a fancy one too, with a Tudor theme.  Not Tudor in the sense of what style of hat people in Tudor times wore but like this....


Mock-Tudor building style!


I used a slightly amended basic hat pattern and added chain stitching for the detailing.  I used a pattern from 'Crochet Bouquet' with a few tweaks in red and white for the Tudor Rose with a button centre.

She's going to love it!  And it'll be fun to see what happens when we go to Hampton Court Palace again next year :-)


2 comments:

  1. Hey - cool hat! Can't wait to see a photo of Myf modelling it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't wait to see Myf in it :-) Will upload more pictures then!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!