Saturday 1 February 2014

Solid Squares

Hello everyone, hope your weekend is drier than ours!  It's been wet and windy so far with Storm Bridget on Her way (this is both amusing and slightly terrifying to me as a Pagan-tomorrow is the Sabbat of Imbolc, the first stirrings of Spring and the Goddess Brid (or Bridget) is directly associated with Imbolc!)  So I've spent some of the morning taking a windswept walk through the park, taking a nice long soak in the bath, pottering around and now settling down with some crochet :-)

One of the things that I haven't liked about the '200 blocks' book is that there are a great number of squares worked in rows of single crochet going back and forth that are only differentiated by the colours used.  I've resisted making any of these from the book but I have come up with a few of my own 'solid squares' where I've incorporated 'spike stitches'.




I also made a square just using some of my favourite Autumn colours in rows of double crochet...


A bit wonky but I'll straighten it out when I put them all together!

Total number of squares to make-126 (63/63)
Brown edged granny squares-47 made.  16 to go!
Special Square Motifs-48 made.  15 to go!

Total number of square made so far-95 made.  31 to go!

Have a Blessed Imbolc

1 comment:

  1. At this rate you'll be finished with your blanket before the week is up! Love the spike stitches - can't wait to see how you put all your squares together :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!