Saturday 31 August 2013

West Ham Blanket

  When I was in London, I was chatting to my Dad about his work.  He's a carer and does a lot of great work with his clients.  I asked him whether it would be inappropriate for me to make a lap blanket for one of his clients-he said it would be fine as long as I'm not looking for payment or future business which of course I said I wasn't, this is a donation.  One of his clients has a degenerative condition that has some aspects in common with Parkinsons although it affects the mind first and he spends a lot of time stationary.  So Dad called his wife to ask whether it would be ok for me to make a lap blanket as a gift for him and she thought it would be a lovely idea.  The gentlemen was a big fan of West Ham football club (and Brentford to a lesser degree) so I decided to use the strip colours as the base and crochet over the top his initials.  I sketched it out and showed Dad-told him that I had plenty of those shades in my massive yarn stash (seriously, it's getting out of hand) and said that I'd make a start on it once I got home.  The gentleman may not react much from it but it should provide a good talking point that helps visitors engage in conversation with him.
  I got home a week yesterday and started it last Saturday.  As work was closed until Wednesday and Myf was away, I had plenty of time to get the squares done.  By Thursday, it was finished!  I've never made a blanket so fast from start to finish :-)  I posted it off yesterday morning so hopefully it'll be there by Tuesday.

So what do you think?  I really like how it's turned out.


4 comments:

  1. I think it turned out great. What a thoughtful thing for you to do - I'm sure the gentleman will appreciate it very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou sweetie-it's nice to be able to give a little bit back to those who need it-like helping with SIBOL or doing the wonderful work you do-donating to hospitals. I've made blankets for most of the people I know so this is another way to keep doing what I love and hopefully help a little down the road :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great. I love the colors and the initials you put on it. What a nice thing for you to do.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you hun, hope he likes it :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!