Monday 23 January 2012

Winnie the Pooh blanket

My monitor has gone all weird-I've tried changing the cables to the monitor, I've even tried swapping the monitor for my spare but the screen is still very stripy so it's hard to see what the pictures look like :-(  Hopefully, they look better on your screen...

Anyway, a while back, I posted about a baby blanket I'd been asked to make by a friend who works in the other branch of the charity I volunteer with for her expecting daughter who really loves Winnie the Pooh.  Trouble was, I couldn't figure out how to make a Winnie the Pooh out of squares so I learned how to do afghan stitch and made a few squares with that to cross stitch on to.  I've been procrastinating for a while about getting it finished as my cross stitch skills are frankly rubbish.
Last week was the first week I'd been back at volunteering as they closed over Christmas and since the New Year, Myf's been home sick with a chest infection.  She was finally better after a week of antibiotics so when I went in, I spoke to S on the phone and she told me her Grandson had been born on Christmas Eve :-)  So once I'd finished my blanket, I spent Saturday getting the cross stitch done as well as I could and yesterday stitching it together and putting a border around it.  And I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out.  However, I'm quite nervous, really hope S and her daughter like it!  What do you think?



In other news, I spoke to one of my sisters a couple of weeks ago and she's suggested a really lovely idea.  The three of us don't get to see each other very often at all and we live all over the place but now that I've finally joined the crafty ranks, she's suggested making things to send to each other monthly as a kind of 'Sisters Gift Exchange'.  As we're coming up on Valentines Day, we're starting off with 'Hearts' for the first theme :-)  Now that I have my blanket projects out of the way, I'm playing with ideas and can't wait to get stuck in!

(Last year, I did 7 posts.  This year I've done 7 and January hasn't even finished yet!  This makes me happy...)

1 comment:

  1. Aww - it's turned out beautifully, brilliant work!

    I can't wait for our new swap... I had better start thinking about what I'll be making :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!