Friday 14 December 2012

Anyone for Draughts?

During the making of the backgammon blanket, Myf and I were discussing various board games.  I can't wait to play backgammon with her and she tells me that she plays draughts with her dad.  She jokingly asked whether I could make her a set so that we could play too-and of course I said yes!
So here we are:


I originally intended to crochet pieces to play with, using wire to reinforce it, but I felt that would be a bit hazardous so I then wanted to get some large, stackable, buttons.  However, it would have been approximately 85p per button and when you need 24, it's a bit excessive.  So I was a bit stumped until a phonecall with a friend who suggested using chocolate!  I'm not sure how many games we'll get through before we eat all the pieces but doesn't it look nice?

I had a little box saved from some previous parcel received in the post but I wanted to make a little bag as well for the pieces..


That's Myf's last Christmas gift ready for Sunday!  I should really make a start on the cleaning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy when someone leaves me a comment and I read every one :-) Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog-I try to answer every comment where I can!